Erzieher oder Sozialpädagoge (m/w/d)
Berlin Cosmopolitan School (BCS) is a non-profit international school with a focus on the sciences, music and dance in the heart of Berlin. We offer Kindergarten and Preschool as well as Primary and Secondary School (German: Gymnasium). Our school was founded in 2004 with its two campuses. Today about 700 students from over 45 countries are enrolled at BCS.
As an International Baccalaureate World School we are authorized to offer the curriculum of the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and the IB Diploma Programme on the basis of the educational framework of Berlin. After 12 years, students may graduate with the IB Diploma and the German Abitur.
At BCS we encourage students to become active and responsible world citizens. This includes strong academics and multilingualism as well as the development of social and intercultural skills. An individual education together with a good academic, emotional, and physical balance are top priorities at BCS. We prepare students for the future by providing them with a solid foundation of interdisciplinary knowledge and skills, as well as different methods of learning. Students at BCS become lifelong learners, who gain the knowledge and skills necessary to adjust and succeed in an ever-changing world.
As an all-day school, we offer a unique and diverse Extracurricular Programme with over 50 different clubs, in which students can extend their learning experiences.
Our highly engaged and professional members of staff from all over the world strive to help children develop their self-confidence and independence in a safe and caring family-like environment.
We are looking for support for our Extracurricular Team within the Primary and Secondary school. Job conditions:
• 40 hours / week (Mon-Fri 9:30am-6:00pm)
• Starting in April or August 2020
Field of activities:
• Supervising Secondary students at morning and afternoon care (gr. 1-12)
• Supervising children at morning and afternoon care (gr. 1-6) as well as recess and lunch breaks (gr. 1-10)
• Preparing and realizing various projects and activities for the extracurricular and vacation programme
• Incorporation of intercultural and educational themes in planning games and activities
• Facilitating workshops and activities with students that foster Social Emotional Learning and Development and that promote the PYP Learner Profile Attributes
• Individual and/or group support during lessons
• Basic understanding of IB schools and PYP learning objectives
• Supporting parent-teacher conferences and communication
• Attendance at team meetings and teacher conferences
• English C1 level
• Staatliche Anerkennung als Erzieher/in or BA/MA degree in the field of education, e.g. social work or early childhood education (or comparable certificate)
• Work experience in the field of education with children ages 6-17 years
• All of our teachers must be approved by the Berlin Senate. Due to this, and a large volume of applicants who do not meet the Senate's standards, we will only respond to applicants who meet the requirements of each position. Please send supporting documentation with your application by email.
What we offer:
• personal support during the training period
• family working environment, international team, regular employee events
• regular evaluation and optimization of structures and processes
• additional benefits such as discount card (Ticket Plus Card) and a delicious lunch every day
• company pension scheme employer-financed after 2 years of service
• 26 days paid vacation, free days on all public holidays (Bundesland: Berlin)
• diverse development opportunities, participation in internal and external training
• Stefanie Kahle (Head of Extracurricular Programme) and Jamelia Bastien (Head of Extracurricular Pedagogy)
• Email: email@example.com
AnschriftBerlin Cosmopolitan School
10119 Berlin, Deutschland
Ansprechpartner/inFrau Stefanie Kahle